Monday, August 04, 2008

Gathering Your Energy

I don't know about you, but last week was one of those weeks where there just wasn't enough time to do all that I felt I had to do. You know, those times where there are 15 different tasks that you should be getting finished and all of those tasks are shouting at you silently, "Me next, me, me next!? A friend told me recently told me that time has become compressed to about 50% of what we would consider normal. I can't really argue that claim after last week.

So how do you release the stress of juggling too many tasks at the same time and remain productive? Generally speaking, if you can't relax, you can't release the stress of the situation. On the Meditation Warrior website, there is an article called Relaxation First.

This relaxation technique is based on focusing on each part of the body and consciously releasing tension through alternating muscle tension and release. The exercise is explained and the page also contains an audio of the relaxation technique for you to try.

Maybe time is compressing. I know my days don't seem to be as long as they were in my 20's. And while there are days that feel very productive, often the day has almost escaped before I have checked off the last "to do." Or maybe my "to do" list is too long.

Regardless, it has been said that 90% of all disease and illness is either caused by or complicated by stress. Focus on stress reduction and your body will begin to heal itself. And this all starts with relaxation.

Give it a try . . .

Chesa Keane
www.meditationwarrior.com
www.meditation-works.com
www.taototem.com
www.biofeedback.com

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Little quote :

Silence is the language of God. All else is poor translation. In order to hear that language, we must learn to be still and to rest in God.

- Thomas Merton

Peace.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Dr.Rutledge said...

I think your blog is great, and I would like to feature you on the new
Wellsphere. We feature only the best health bloggers on our WellPages,
which are special pages that our Health Knowledge Engine crafts to give
our users answers to their health questions. We would feature you on all
the pages on topics that our knowledge engine finds are related to your
blog postings. Because we have over 2 million visitors each month (and we
are growing rapidly), you would benefit from an expanded audience for
your writings. If you would like us to feature you, send me an email to
Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

Cheers, Geoff

4:09 PM  
Blogger Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Renotao,
I wanted to follow up on a comment I left last week. I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Meditation Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

12:02 PM  
Blogger Spero said...

-- All you really have to do is sit and breath for ten minutes each day, and you'll feel the effects. I got a CD/DVD set with a meditation cadred to this and it was really simple, but you don't actually need the CD or DVD to do it. Basically, what you need to do is just sit in a quite space, breath in and out slowly, and try to focus on your mind and observe your thoughts. You'll be amazed at how your mind slows down and how you feel so much more aware because of it. (for reference, the disk I bought were from http://www.mydailymeditation.com/ but it's not essential to buy the disks. Just try breathing deeply and focusing on your mind for 10 minutes each day - you'll feel the effects.)

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
We’re currently looking for bloggers who may be interested in writing a post about our unique website www.dayspaforthemind.com . The website uses a meditation, visualization, hypnosis & goal setting to encourage personal development and treat stress relief etc. If you are interested let me know and I can get you a login with full access to the site, or answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

Thomas

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm attending this meditation event for health care professionals. should be interesting to see how they incorporate this meditation practice into western medicine.


http://events.nursingspectrum.com/event.cfm?EID=705&type=Seminar

3:17 PM  
Blogger Info said...

I agree with you; it seems to me that once I am truly relaxed, however hectic the situation was before it doesn't bother me anymore. The idea of it being hectic holds more strain in me than actual issues themselves.


~htt://phrenism.blogspot.com

2:14 PM  
Blogger Info said...

I completely agree. Once i relax myself I tend to realize that the situation itself is only a catalyst for making my life harder and more hectic. I am much more capable of dealing with my problems.

thanks :),

http://phrenism.blogspot.com

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home