Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Staying in the Now helps

I found myself letting go of someone recently through circumstances neither of us could change. So how do you deal with this kind of loss? The process follows the grieving steps -- denial, anger, etc. -- but then you're still left with the reality of that empty spot beside you and within your heart.

It has always been my habit to focus on the now rather than the past or future. Focusing on the past often shows itself in feelings or actions that are guilt-based. Focusing on the future usually expresses as fear of future outcome and worry. But focusing in the Now offers a centeredness that allows you to release the past that can't be changed and keeps you from straying into a future that cannot come about if you don't work in the now.

So my heart feels heavy and at the same time, I am aware of the potential for seeing my now evolve into a future that could have him here again. That will be nice.

Chesa


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous CEU said...

Thank you for this great blog!!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home