Saturday, August 12, 2006

Letting go

Isn't it interesting how tightly we clutch what we have even though it isn't enough? Is it fear that keeps us hanging on to that intensely held hope in the hope that our hope has potential to evolve into reality?

Or is it a comparison to what we didn't have that wasn't as good as what we don't have now? Convoluted? Absolutely. The now seems better than the past, but we know it doesn't make for a good future. So just hang on until some signal appears out of the eastern sky or in the puddle on the ground or in the sound of the dog's breathing. Just hang on to something.

And when the darkness clears and the heart patter slows and steadies, reality dawns. And denying reality is my favorite thing to do. But finally, it is only when reality becomes my now that I can no longer deny it. And I let go.

I keep breathing. I continue to meditate and return to my center. I settle in with myself again. I withdraw again. I let go again. I'm back to me again.


C
www.taototem.com
www.meditation-works.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home